Sanderson Superior Organic Iron contains ferrous fumarate, a gentle form of iron which should not cause gastric irritation or constipation when used a directed. Vitamin C is included to support the optimal absorption of iron.
Iron deficiency is one of the most common nutritional deficiencies in the world, including New Zealand. Iron is a mineral that is vital to both physical and mental well-being. It is found in every cell of the body. Iron forms a key component of haemoglobin, the element of blood that transports oxygen around the body, supplying muscles for physical activity. Iron is also responsible for the excretion of carbon dioxide and for supporting the body against infection.
Adolescent females are at risk of Iron deficiency owing to increased Iron losses at menstruation and poor dietary habits. Pregnancy also places great demands on Iron stores. Eating a strict vegetarian diet or doing frequent aerobic exercise may increase the chance of low Iron stores in the body. Iron deficiency in these groups may be prevented by taking Sanderson Superior Organic Iron daily.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Symptoms such as fatigue, frequent infections, poor stamina, reduced athletic performance and learning difficulties in children may be signs of Iron deficiency. SANDERSON® Superior Organic Iron is indicated in these instances.
- Sanderson Superior Organic Iron has a low risk of gastric upset or constipation as the form of iron used, ferrous fumarate is more easily absorbed. Iron-rich superfood Pumpkin Seed is also included.
- Ferrous Fumarate does not act as a Vitamin E antagonist.
- Vitamin C is added to assist the absorption of the iron; Vitamins B6 and B12 are included to support the formation of healthy red blood cells.
- A maintenance dose of Folic acid is included to support pre-conception requirements for this nutrient and to further assist iron absorption.
Take 1 tablet daily, or as professionally prescribed.
EACH TABLET CONTAINS:
Ferrous Fumerate (providing Iron 24mg) 73mg
Vitamin C 30mg
Folic Acid 100mcg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 3mg
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 2mcg
Pumpkin Seed (Cucurbita Pepo) 25mg
Avoid taking iron supplements with milk or other calcium rich products as calcium reduces absorption of iron.
Iron may interact with several drugs, resulting in decreased absorption of both iron and the drug. Ask your doctor for advice.