Sanderson Digestive Acid FX ia a pleasant tasting chewable mixed berry flavoured tablet that combines the digestive power of enzymes with acid-neutralising calcium carbonate. This patented formulation provides broad spectrum digestive support especially for those who experience occasional digestive discomfort such as heart burn or acid stomach.
Though digestion actually starts in the mouth with the salivary amylase ptyalin, most people instantly think of the stomach. The stomach produces acid to lower the gastric pH which activates the proteolytic enzyme pepsin. While pepsin’s ability to digest proteins requires a highly acidic pH, this acid can cause the gastric distress associated with heartburn, acid reflux and other gastric complaints. Most people have suffered through the occasional case of heartburn which can be associated with fatty food, stress, smoking or physiological impairments.
Antacids have historically been the treatment of choice for these moments because they offer instant relief. These products work by neutralizing the acid and raising the pH level in the stomach. Unfortunately, this action effectively stops protein digestion by pepsin. Pepsin is a crucial enzyme in protein digestion as its ability to cleave many different amino acid bonds is vital to the complete digestion of proteins. It is responsible for breaking large proteins into smaller proteins of 3 to 30 amino acids, which are then further broken down by the pancreatic proteases in the small intestine. Undigested proteins can cause gastrointestinal discomfort and even potentially serious consequences when acted upon by intestinal microflora.
Unlike traditional over-the-counter antacids, Sanderson Digestive Acid FX compensates for the lost digestive enzyme activity associated with the use of acid neutralisers. It provides a comprehensive blend of proteases, lipases and carbohydrates that work over a broad pH range to support normal digestion
Recommended Adult Dosage:
Chew and swallow 1 tablet as required. As this product contains enzymes we recommend drinking a glass of water after swallowing.