Customer declaration: I agree to use this pharmacy-only medicine strictly as directed. If symptoms persist, or if I suffer any adverse effects, I will contact my pharmacist or doctor immediately. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the information provided about this medicine.
Nurofen is effective in the temporary relief of pain and/or inflammation associated with:
- pain and discomfort associated with migraine
- cold and flu symptoms
- rheumatic pain
- muscular pain
- reduces fever
- period pain
- dental pain
- Do not use if allergic to NSAIDs or aspirin
- Do not use if you have had asthma caused by ibuprofen
- Do not use if you have kidney disease/impairment
- Do not use if you have a stomach disorder or stomach ulcer
- Do not use if you are dehydrated
- Do not use in pregnancy (3rd trimester)
Precautions (check with the pharmacist before use if any of the following apply):
- History of peptic ulcer or gastrointestinal bleeding
- Previous NSAID associated stomach irritation, asthma or skin reaction
- If you have heart, kidney, stomach or bowel problems
- If you have high blood pressure or asthma
- If you have ever had a stroke of TIA (mini-stroke)
- Require a high dose or have been using for a long time
- If you have had your symptoms for a long time
- If you take any other medicines (especially medicines to treat high blood pressure or thin the blood)
- If you are over 65 years of age
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding or planning on becoming pregnant
- If giving to children under 12 years.
Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible duration. Take with a large glass of water.
Adults and Children over 12 years: 1 to 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours as necessary. (Maximum 6 tablets in 24 hours)
Children 7 to 12 years: 1 tablet every 6 to 8 hours as necessary. (Maximum 4 tablets in 24 hours).
See your doctor immediately if you notice stomach pain, coughing or vomiting of blood or black bowel motions, if you have trouble breathing, swelling of the face or chest pain or if you have a widespread rash, unexplained fever or mouth ulcers after taking Nurofen.
Side effects: dizziness, indigestion, nausea, constipation or diarrhoea and skin rash.