Elevit with Iodine is a once-daily vitamin and mineral supplement for pregnancy. Elevit is specially formulated with a range of ingredients to meet the changed nutritional requirements throughout conception and pregnancy.
Elevit contains 800mc of folic acid, which is shown to reduce neural tube defects such spina bifida. Elevit is clinically proven to reduce the risk of neural tube defects like spina bifida by 92%. It also contains iron to help prevent iron deficiency and iodine to assist in the development of the baby's brain.
Vitamin B1: 1.55 mg
Vitamin B2: 1.8 mg
Vitamin B3: 19 mg
Vitamin B5: 10 mg
Vitamin B6: 2.6 mg
Vitamin B12: 4.0 g
Vitamin C: 100 mg
Vitamin D3: 12.5 g
Vitamin E: 15 mg
Vitamin H: 200 g
Folic Acid: 800 g*
Iron: 60 mg*
Magnesium: 100 mg
Phosphorus: 125 mg
Cooper: 1 mg
Manganese: 1 mg
Zinc: 7.5 mg
Iodine: 250 g*
*The Ministry of Health recommends 800 g folic acid, 229 g iodine and 27 mg iron daily during pregnancy.
Take one tablet once daily. It's best to take Elevit with Iodine when you first start planning to have a baby and then continue throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Speak to your doctor about taking Elevit with Iodine if you have any pre-existing medical conditions.
Do not take Elevit with Iodine if:
- You have had an allergic reaction to Elevit with Iodine, or any of the Ingredients in Elevit with Iodine. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include swelling, itching, rash or breathing difficulties.
- You have kidney disease.
- You have excessive amounts of vitamin D, calcium or iron in your blood.
- Your body cannot process copper or large amounts of iron.
- The package is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- The expiry date printed on the pack has passed. If you take this medicine after the expiry date has passed, it may not work as well.
If you are not sure if you should be taking ELEVIT with IODINE, talk to your pharmacist, midwife or doctor. Do not give Elevit with Iodine to children. Elevit with Iodine is only for women who are trying to become pregnant, and those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Please talk to your health care professional if you have any concerns prior to use.