Brolene Eye Drops are used for minor infections of the eye or eyelid. Signs include sore, red or inflamed eyes, stickiness or a crust on the eyelids.
The solution contains 0.1% w/v of the active substance propamidine isetionate. Other ingredients: Ammonium chloride, sodium chloride, benzalkonium chloride, sodium hydroxide and water for injections.
Instill 1 to 2 drops into the affected eye(s) 4 times daily for up to one week. It is recommended to clean affected eye(s) with previously boiled warm water or saline before use.
- Do not use Brolene when you are wearing soft or gas-permeable contact lenses.
- Do not use Brolene if you are allergic to it or any of the ingredients listed.
- Do not use Brolene in infants except on medical advice from your doctor
- If you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant check with your pharmacist or doctor before using Brolene.
- Discard 4 weeks after opening
- Seek medical advice from your pharmacist or doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve after 2 days, or if the infection has not cleared completely after using Brolene for 7 days.
- May cause blurred vision; do not drive or operate machinery until vision clears
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet supplied with Brolene Eye Drops before using the product.