Sanderson Superior Total Calcium provides 270mg of elemental calcium from two bio-available sources – Calcium Hydroxyapatite and Calcium Citrate. Sanderson Superior Total Calcium assists in maintaining strong, healthy bones and optimal bone density whilst protecting against a calcium nutritional deficiency.
Low dietary levels of Calcium increase the risk of high blood pressure. Severe deficiency can lead to abnormal heartbeat, dementia and convulsions. As we age the risk of deficiency escalates because of decreased absorption due to lowered stomach acidity. Nutrition surveys show that many people, particularly women, eat diets that fail to supply the recommended Calcium intake (800 mg per day for adults).
A good accumulation of Calcium in the bones in the early stages of life is the best prevention of age-related bone loss and fractures. Studies show, however, that in post-menopausal women supplemental Calcium may slow bone loss, furthermore the rate of reduction can be sufficient to potentially reduce the risk of fracture over time.
Key Features & Benefits
- Horsetail herb is also included to provide a natural source of silica which helps the body to ‘fix’ calcium stores.
- The formulation includes vitamin C to aid calcium absorption.
- Nutritional cofactors zinc, boron, manganese and vitamin K are included to aid bone mineralisation.
- Magnesium supports bone density, while vitamin D assists the body’s uptake of calcium.
Take 1-4 tablets daily or as professionally prescribed.
EACH TABLET CONTAINS:
- Calcium Citrate (providing Calcium 143mg): 678mg
- Hydroxyapatite (providing Calcium 127mg): 517mg
- TOTAL ELEMENTAL CALCIUM: 270mg
- Magnesium Oxide (providing Magnesium 250mg): 416mg
- Zinc Sulphate (providing Zinc 500mcg): 1.38mg
- Manganese Amino Acid Chelate (providing Manganese 1mg): 10mg
- Borax (providing Boron 400mcg): 3.5mg
- Equisetum arvense (Horsetail herb): 50mg
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid): 30mg
- Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) 100iu: 2.5mcg
- Vitamin K1 (Phytomenadione): 2.2mcg
Patients on prescription medicines, including warfarin, should consult their health professional before using this product.